Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Today is Dec 31, the last day of 2003 and on Jan 2, 2004, I will fly back to the U.S. I have a sneaky feeling that my mother will be glad to see me go. She has been really busy, cooking different dishes for me to eat. At the same time, she is having a new kitchen built for her and that is a major chore. It is interesting to see how she manages the workmen, this mother of mine who is 73 years old. She definitely has her own ideas of what she wants. I have learnt not to impose my ideas on her and hence has done a little more this time NOT to add to her stress level (hehehehe .....)

I will be sorry to leave my daughter, Wena, again but like my mother, I am sure she will also be glad to see me go. Three strong willed women under the same roof is not always a good thing for a long time. The years have added to my slow growing wisdom and therefore, we get on better during this visit.

No comments: