Monday, August 25, 2003

Yes, I like the lady with the gold necklace. I love gold and part of it has to do with the fact that in Malaysia and many asian countries, gold is an investment. Ladies can always buy gold with their savings and then use those gold jewellery for money to do other things. When I was a young girl, I remember my mother buying bangles and necklaces, and then when we had to buy textbooks for school, she took these to the pawnshop for money to buy those textbooks. It was difficult for me to see that. There was never enough money to buy necessities.

I wish I can get into my daughters' heads and find out what they are thinking. Actaully, they are more like me than they would like to think. Wena is so so very much like me in my younger days. I was always for the under-dogs and still am but in a more sedate way. I work against the injustice in less obvious ways, perhaps because of the fact that I am more careful now with my rantings and ravings.

Well, school begins today for me and life will be quite hectic. Of course, nothing is ready in my classroom and I have to walk at least 15 minutes to get to my classroom from my office, and I cannot drive (sigh...). Oh well, it will be good exercise unless it rains or snows.

No comments: