Sunday, October 31, 2004

Dying has been on my mind lately; more out of the curiosity of not knowing than anything else. After learning how expensive it is to have a traditional burial, I am going to be cremated. A vault will cost more than $2,700 and a casket will cost about the same. Being cremated will only cost about $3,000. I also learnt that I can have my ashes turned into diamonds. However, I am not sure how many diamonds can be generated from my ashes. I wonder if my daughters would like to have their mother on their fingers or around their necks. Turning ashes into diamonds will be expensive and will cost between $15,000 to $20,000 per carat. I am sure that both my daughters will prefer to have the cash instead of these diamonds. Check out LifeGems at http://www.lifegem.com . They charge about $2,500 per .25 carat and apparently they only take the carbon from the ashes. My children can still have my ashes. Rowena wants to throw me out into the ocean although I would like to be cast upon ocean currents that would take me around the world. I would like to be able to return home to Malaysia one day.

No comments: