Saturday, September 27, 2003

My neck is stiff, and now the doc thinks it may be a pinched nerve in the back of my neck. The last three weeks, I have been put on the rack and stretched so that the tingling and numbness in my right leg would go away. Although the tingling and numbness are less intense, I still experience some of it. It is a good thing that the doc is young and handsome. At least something good to look (sigh, ....). I even had an emg; the doc said that the sounds should be like raindrops on a tin roof. It has been a long time since I heard raindrops on a tin roof.

A weird thing happened to me at work yesterday. I answered a call from an obviously Chinese man speaking English with an accent, a Malaysian accent! After we talked for a while, I asked him, "are you Malaysian?" He said, "eh? how can you tell?" He was asking me about our graduate program for his son in Singapore! We talked for a long time. I hope that his son will come or at least he will come. This man is working in Chicago. I am trying my best to build up our graduate program again because 9/11 has such an impact on it. I found it a little strange that the son did not contact me himself.

I got involved in the Rotary radio auction today; and bought too many things. I became so engrossed in it that I bid on too many things. I listened to the announcer and heard my bidder number! Oh, dear, I had to watch myself because I was even bidding against myself. So, I bought 5 cubic yards of hardwood mulch, 10 cubic yards of screened top soil, and 3 20-lbs of fertiliser. I think I also bought $100 worth of legal service from a lawyer friend. I was feeling sorry for him because no one was bidding on his legal services. I bid $10 and then I found that someone else bid $15. I think I paid $17. Oh, well, I will use his services to write my will.

I bought a blueberry pie, a raspberry pie and a raspberry cinnamon roll. Then I took them all to Roger and Sandy for dinner. We had a piece each of the raspberry cinnamon roll but not the pies. So, after dinner, I took them to Elizabeth and Burl and had the pies with ice-cream them. Now those pies are in my van in the garage. It is cold outside, around 49 degrees F. No need to put in the refrigerator. One thing I like about the winter is the fact that I can put food in the garage or in my covered porch and not have to worry about them being spoiled. I think this is enough blogging.


No comments: