Tuesday, April 06, 2004

My younger daughter has a new Honda motorcycle. I am just worried stiff about her riding on those deadly Texas highways. Mmmm... I guess I will have to get used to seeing her in leather boots and chaps with metal-studded jacket. I wonder if both my daughter and her husband would pull the baby carriage behind them just like the way bicyclists pull their babies behind them!!! What a sight that would be. I wish J. would not use her blog to tell me what she is doing when it is something as important as this. Perhaps she can just write a note and mail it to me if she cannot tell me on the phone. After 25 years, she should be used to my reactions. Being brave enough to call me and tell me something unpleasant should be easier as the years pass. It is only natural to avoid conflicts and easy to choose an indirect way to say something.

My older daughter wants a sportcar. I suppose she has visions of driving off in the sunset in dark glasses with her long hair streaming in the wind. I am sorry to have to tell her that usually it is the older generation that can afford to drive expensive sport cars. The streaming long hair would frame a wrinkled face unless plastic surgery has been used to enhance the facial muscles. Also, older men may find it harder to just leap into the sportcars! hehehehe....

No comments: